Saturday, February 04, 2006

second post in a day


So, look what they have at the Geography Challenge now. I am shocked that in my first three tries I got 6, 6, and 7/10. Same idea as for countries. They give you the capital. You click on the country. This IS a challenge.

Darn it. After playing for a few hours and pretty much getting the capitals down, I just discovered a good feature. If you click on "give me a detailed analysis" after your game. You get a list of the questions and your answers. What I didn't know is that each entry on the list is linked to the map. Click the word and they show you where it is on the map. That would have been helpful. I think it's too late now.

2 comments:

Kern said...

Kinda off-topic but...

Have you seen "Google Earth"?

It's basically an attempt to make all sorts of maps, satellite data, directory information etc. into a single application. Starting from space you can zoom in on a country, city, street, all the way down to an individual store, and get information on it.

Google rocks.

Karen Lew said...

yes, google and google maps rock