Sunday, February 08, 2009
much better
I may be the only person in the world who finds this couch comfortable; it's very tall and firm. But it's perfect for me. It's a couch you sit ON, not a couch you sit IN. I will definitely appreciate this in my third trimester. This couch has almost as much seating space as the old one but its footprint is much smaller. Another bonus is that its height makes our coffee chest exactly the right height for its service as a coffee table.
I had a very hard time finding a couch because I wanted all of
1 - leather
2 - contemporary style (or at least not _too_ traditional)
3 - high seat
1 and 3 is a very common combination. 1 and 2 is not too uncommon. 2 and 3 isn't exactly easy to find. but 1, 2, and 3 is exceedingly rare.
So, there were a few compromises on appearance to get the comfort. I saw more attractive styles, though this one is fine. The leather is good quality but a lot shinier than most. I decided I could live with that and that it wouldn't even be that noticeable on its own. And actually, the shininess kinda goes with some of our other stuff - like the room screen behind it, which I love more every day.
BTW, if you'll take the old couch away - it's yours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment