Adam now knows that he can escape the crib. He's long been physically capable of it but has never bothered in the past. The sleep bag, which we put on him backwards so that he cannot escape it, was deterring him because he couldn't get his feet over the rail one at a time. Today, he discovered a new method and was coming out of his room as fast as we could put him back in. So, Dion and I took turns silently watching to pre-empt escape attempts. We witnessed the escape technique:
a somersault. a front flip? I'm not sure of the correct term. Are any readers familiar with the high bar or the uneven bars?
hands on the rail,
waist above the rail,
head over and below the rail,
feet launched up, over the rail, past the head, and downwards for landing
It was all we could do to contain our laughter, lest that encourage his gymnastic pursuits. I don't mind discouraging it - he's going to be way too tall to be a competitive gymnast or diver anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
a front roll-over? maybe.
LOL!! Way to go Adam!!
Post a Comment