Friday, July 17, 2009

Check Ups

At 4 weeks of age, Naomi is 9 lb 12 oz. I know that there are babies born bigger than that but I'm delighted that mine have started on the small side and ramped up quickly. Naomi has gained 2.2 ounces per day over 17 days - ridiculous. No wonder we're both eating constantly. She's "allowed" to go as long as she wants between feedings but I don't know if I've ever gotten 4 hours out of her.

ageWEIGHT
HEIGHT
moslb,oz%ile
in%ile
07,134
20.072
19,1247



At Adam's last check up in April, he was 30 lb 4 oz (75th percentile) and 38 in (> 97th percentile.)

percentiles from: http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/usefultools/l/bl_percentiles.htm?rd=1 Naomi's percentiles don't correspond exactly to the ones I had found (at a different site) for Adam up to 12 months. E.g., her 1-month weight is an ounce more than Adam's but the percentile is 3 lower. These are probably CDC data, i.e., from mostly formula-fed children. It makes a big difference from the new WHO-recommended charts for breast-fed children.

No comments: