Every stitch of it, including the lace trim was handmade by her greatgreatgreatgrandmother. She's the fourth generation of Margaret to be christened in that gown at what is now Centretown United Church. Adam, my brother, maternal cousins, and I also wore it for our christenings at the same church.
Adam missed the actual service since we couldn't convince him of the importance of whispering. I'll bet he and Auntie Jean had a good time in the nursery, though. Naomi was angelic. She only woke up to greet the congregation on her walkabout with Rev. Hewlett and even then she didn't so much as squeek.
We had a really lovely visit in Ottawa. Unfortunately, I had my hands so full that I didn't take many pictures. Dion returned to T.O. on Sunday but the kids and I stayed until Wednesday.
The car rides to and from weren't even too bad - only two stops each way, and despite Adam's inability to sleep in the car. He didn't sleep at all on the way there and slept for only about 30 or 40 minutes on the way home.As always, I left wanting more. But I plan to be back at the beginning of October for Kiefer's (son of Doug and Melanie) baptism.

No comments:
Post a Comment