Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Third Birthday, Naomi!


with her new "looking glass." She loves magnifying glasses for some reason. Now she has her own.

with one of her new books. This book caught my eye because of the Asian girl on the cover. Then I saw that it's about the ship-origami-story that Gung-Gung tells and I decided to buy it. Then I saw that it's signed by a local author. THEN I saw that it's by someone we know!

trying out the buzzle. It laughs at you if the wand touches the wire. Naomi is very dextrous, so I was pretty sure she'd enjoy it. The wire bends to make it more challenging. It seems popular with all ages.

The kids love decorating cakes, so we got Poh-Poh and Gung-Gung to order a blank one. They didn't really catch on to the idea of sprinkles. You are forgiven for thinking that the kids wrote the greeting. That was my handiwork. It's harder than it looks, okay?

Giving Kevin the stink-eye.

Ahhhhh!

Our birthday picnic turned out really well. It was great that the Hos and Chwang/Harrises could make it on short notice. The rain threatened but never really came, although I'm told it sprinkled around the time we were loading into our car. And the scorching heat broke, so it was more or less comfortable. Even the ice cream cake survived.

1 comment:

kristin said...

Happy Birthday Naomi!