Saturday, April 25, 2020

Adam's birthday. Guest blogger Naomi.

     This is from Adam's birthday. Sorry we are late.
the cake we (I) made was applesauce cake with I 
don't know what type of icing but the icing was
amazing. we had a video but John was behind the 
camera and started dancing so it wasn't very good.
Happy extremely belated birthday.
My gift to Adam. Applesauce cake. I'm surprised
we found the right candles. My handwriting
(Icing-writing, whatever) is better than
usual.
 
He looks happy.



Another photo of Adam because why not.

4 comments:

Karen Lew said...

For the curious, the recipes are all from the Joy of Cooking. I happened to buy a new copy in January or February since my first copy (Secret Santa gift ca 2000) is falling apart. Recipes: applesauce, apple sauce cake, quick butterscotch icing.

Tiffany M C said...

I love this post. Also, thanks for the recipe notes. I planned on baking a cake, and butterscotch icing sounds really yummy to pair with chocolate.

Karen Lew said...

Tiffany, I did a crumb coat with about half of the icing then thinned it with a touch of 18% cream to get it to pour over the loaf.

Gandalf said...

Congratulations on the cake!!