Sunday, April 24, 2005

saturday night

It was not my usual saturday night, which I spend marking, reading, or surfing. I went to Pavan's party and I was having a lovely time. I particularly enjoyed the Twister tournament. Around midnight, I was suddenly having trouble making small talk. Too tired to be sociable, not wanting the fun to end. Peter and Mike were going dancing, so I invited myself along. Trodd's jaw just about hit the floor when he found out I was going to the Guvernment. Yes, I prefer singing along to lyrics but I was able to get into dancing anyway. What people don't realise is that I really like dancing. I went out every three or four nights a week when I was in Zurich.

A few thing that struck me about the experience.
-The amount of money involved is crazy. Between cabs, cover, and a couple of SOFT drinks, $50 was gone in two hours.
-They mean business when they frisk you. She knows whether they're fake or real.
-Most people dance pretty much the same way to techno that they do to top-forty.

No comments: