The senior boys keep going strong. Our quarter final win over Westview on Thursday wasn't pretty but it does place us number 1 in the North for the AAAA City Finals. I'll explain the city playoffs when we get there a week from now. We move on the North semi-finals at home this Tuesday versus York Mills. Just thinking about it makes me nervous. This is going to be an exciting, tough game. The North Finals are Thursday at Newtonbrook, probably versus Henry.
Meanwhile, I have a senior girls' volleyball team to select next week.
At curling on Friday, Dion, Ann, Steve, and I beat a team we had no business beating. It's sport- it can happen. But it was particularly sweet because the skip found out before the game even started that we were complete rookies - Dion, Ann, and Steve had played seven games between them; this is my second year curling in decades and my first year skipping. He went straight for the throat, didn't call a single guard. "You jerk," I thought. But we absolutely killed them. They decided to shake hands when it was 8-2 after six ends.
Dion was so proud to be "that team." You know, that ultimate team that has no skill but lots of youth and comes down with all the swill. Anyway, we were absolutely giddy all night.
All four of us went to the beginner's clinic yesterday, which was very fun and instructional. They fed us well, too.
Today, had a good long chat with Kristin over Skype and played a bunch of the Geography Olympics. I had my best result ever. 10 countries in 12 seconds. There was a lot of luck involved - the countries were almost all within reach of the Mediterranean. I only had to move three times: once to the Mediterranean for Serbia and Montenegro, down to Madagascar, and back to the Mediterranean for the Czech Republic.BOOKS: I'm reading an entertaining but fluffy book that a house guest from Switzerland forgot at my apartment. It's called "Cross My Heart and Hope to Die" by Claire Calman. Complete brain candy.

No comments:
Post a Comment