Monday, October 22, 2007

6-month check up

Another clean bill of health and growth on Friday.

ageWEIGHT
HEIGHT
moslb,oz%ile
in%ile
07,125
20.575
19,1150


213,484
2485
3




417,1293
2795+
5




620,490
28.795+*

*28.1 is 95th. http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babygrowthchart.asp doesn't specify percentile above 95.

Plus, Adam is cruising now. He can pretty consistently stand at the couch and transfer to the "coffee chest." He's also working on shimmying on foot along the wall. He's gone back to one-foot-one-knee crawling. It's much faster. He uses the knee for stability and the foot for thrust. Unfortunately, for a few days there, he thought his crib was a jungle gym. There were hour-long pull-up workouts interspersed with head-whacks. Maybe I'll put the bumpers (SIDS hazard) back in. Dr. Lindzon rather equivocally said, "no soft bedding until one year. " But that was the "doctor answer." The parent answer ....

But he's not much of a babbler - still cooing and grunting, mostly vowel sounds. Although, I think he thinks he's singing. I've taken to babbling at him. Lots of "blllblllblllblll," which Adam thinks is hilarious.

We're a couple of weeks into rice cereal. Unfortunately, Adam insists on "helping." At least as much cereal ends up on him - and us! - as in him. As if cereal weren't enough to make diaper changes less pleasant, Adam now thinks that the change table is a wrestling mat.

2 comments:

Gandalf said...

I think, Adam is learning to communicate, because he is able to let me know what he wants even if no known oral language is used.

Kern said...

I freaked when I saw the subject "6 month checkup". My first thought was "how could Karen have been pregnant again for half a year and only be mentioning it NOW?!?"

Took me a couple more cycles to realize the checkup was for Adam. :)