Friday, February 01, 2008

Old Stuff Part III

These are all from when Adam was 7 months old.


still lookin' pretty babyish at the beginning of the eighth month
He gets much older looking pretty quickly.


in need of a haircut


Mom and Adam posing


Dad and Adam posing


Dad and Adam candid


"Yay! Guitar!"


"Whaddya mean I'm not supposed to be playing with the guitar?"


"But _Dad_ lets me!"


"not CDs either?"
We have since purchased a CD storage album. The discs haven't made it into the album yet, but they will soon. Soonish.


"The Diaper Genie, then. Surely! ... No?"


"I'll settle for the camera."


The following series is Adam's reaction to not being able to reach the camera. That - and - this was just around the day his first two teeth broke through.


"Please, can I have the camera?"


"Why can't I have the camera?"


"But... but... but... I want the camera. PLEASE!"


"It's not fair!"


"Now you're just making me mad. You know I can't climb on the bed to get it."
Adam only just learned how to climb onto our bed by himself at around 9 months (two or three weeks ago.)

"This is the worst day of my life."


"And this is the best."


"Mango. mmm. all gone."


apres coif


ready for the Toronto Northern Lights Christmas party
I can't remember why Adam and Dion went but I did not. curling?


Something's funny.


7 months's edition of the eye colour series

Other events that occurred while Adam was 7 months old:

- Marlies' game with two of Dion's WoW buddies. Adam drained 6 oz of milk in about two minutes right before the third period, which he slept through entirely. The other thing I remember in particular is that Sparty pulled out the classically funny, "I can see who wears the pants in the family" when he greeted us because Dion had Adam in the Snugli. I bit my tongue and let it slide without comment but I wanted to say, "Yeah, cuz I so obviously wear the pants. That, Cult Leader, er, Guild Leader, er, Sparty, is why Dion's still playing 30 hours of Wow every week - perhaps more. Ha ha ha. Joke's on me."

- Nathan Tsang's birthday party

- Nathan and Shana's open house (party), where I took quite a bit of ribbing because I was still dressing in Adam in sleepers day and night. I finally gave up on the sleepers a couple of weeks later because he'd worn through the feet of all his 12-month sleepers. They really aren't made for crawling.

- The snowsuit shopping saga. Actually this began while he was five months old and finished when he was getting close to eight months old.

- Smile and duck. Adam really started to show a definite preference for his mama while he was 7 months.

- Still not close to sleeping through the night. We were getting four straight hours out of him maybe twice a week. I posted this on the Tsang blog:
Back in October, Dion convinced me to try letting him cry. I was doing pretty well but at about the hour-and-a-half mark, the crying became pathetically sad. I collapsed into sobs myself. And then Dion betrayed me completely and took him out of the crib. He said that he can handle Adam's crying but not mine. I think Adam was still too young for it to work. For now, he's still getting up every few hours and I rationalise that it's a good thing because Christmas can't ruin his sleep. Although, I suppose he could unlearn day and night.
- We met Isabel Sophia Kwong.

- Most of Adam's babbling resembled Zulu more than English. Lots of clicks, clucks, and tsks.

- Adam developed a love for I Love You Through and Through. Its recitation still settles him nearly instantly. Dion and I particularly love "Youououououour MAAAAD side!" Adam's favourite page to look at these days is "Your happy side." It's not in the book, but we're using "Your LOUD side!" quite a bit these days.

- I don't remember if I mentioned his fake laughs and fake cries. Usually the fake cries turned into genuine laughs because he'd be peeking through squinting eyes and would catch my laughing at his fake crying. The fake, exaggerated smile was usually reserved for me. He still uses the fake laugh when he wants to be the centre of attention.

No comments: