s I read on Baby Squared, hitting the walking milestone is not an overnight event. Adam was cruising at six months, standing at seven, taking a few baby steps at a time at eight months, and spent a month practicing walking at nine months. At ten months he was walking as much as crawling and now at eleven months, crawling is a thing of the past.
I remember reporting at his nine-month check up that he was taking 3 or 4 little steps at a time but it didn't really seem like that counted as walking. There are two times I might say marked the official start to walking. At almost exactly ten months, we went to Indigo where he'd take around 20 straight steps towards the Thomas train set table. If he got down to crawl, it'd be too high for him to see, so he was pretty motivated. Then at 10.5 months, the first day of our visit to Great Auntie Joan's, Adam decided he was done with crawling. I counted 98 steps one time.
My brother took some video with his cellphone while Adam still doing the zombie walk. Now he still holds up his left hand for balance as he toddles along. That leaves his right hand free for doing stuff. He's more and more clearly right-handed these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go Adam!
Post a Comment