Saturday, May 10, 2008

recent photos

Here are some of the cute recent shots.




I'm too sexy for my hat,
too sexy for my hat,
whatcha think about that?!


Adam is well on his way to mastering the zipper. When I got him out of bed this morning, he had almost gotten his entire body out of his sleepbag. grrrrr.....


How did it only occur to me today to put his highchair at the piano? Also, it's just far enough that he can't drool on the keys. There's been a lot of drool lately.


LOL

Cameraphilia
Adam still wants the camera whenever he sees it but I won't let him touch it. And so, we're still getting a lot of photos like this:



and this:

and this:


and this:


Playground Fun
Most days, Adam gets two trips to a playground: one with Poh-Poh/Gung-Gung and one with mom. We're lucky to have lots of play areas within easy stroller distance. On rainy days, we'll go to the Bay/Bloor Indigo to play with the trains and other toddlers. The Ontario Early Years Centre that Adam attends in the mornings with Poh-Poh or Gung-Gung has a playground out back. I take him there in the morning on weekends. We un/fortunately usually have the place to ourselves. After his/our daily nap (usually 2+ hours!!!) we go to the playground at our local K-6, Church Street Public School, which has three slides. We meet lots of moms and kids there and the occasional dad, too. Yesterday, Adam played with a kid I'd guess is in grade 2 or grade 3. The big kid's friends had just left and Adam started begging for the kid's ball. So the two of them passed the ball to each other and played peek-a-boo for almost half an hour.

These are from Church Street today.



at the top of the slide.


at the bottom of the slide


Climbing on-and-off the slide is a favourite pass-time.
As is trying to climb up the slide.



It's hard to tell from this photo but I got my hair cut Thursday. Birthday present to myself, I guess. I was in the middle of another errand and just popped into one of the umpteen nail/nail-and-hair places along Yonge. I'm happy with the cut but I'll never go back. The fumes from the nails were suffocating. But "interestingly", for the first time in my life, I was accused of having curl in my hair. I've had hairdressers blow my hair smoother with a brush and dryer now and then but my hair's so straight that I hardly had curl when I got one of those spiral perms in Grade 7. This hairdresser actually used a flat iron on my hair. no kidding. Aren't you all glad you know so much about my hair?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

oh Karen... I think I've said it b4, but Adam is THRIVING so BEAUTIFULLY!!!
You guys look like you're all having an amazing time... and definitely lucky to have eachother! What a great family! =)

(Btw, what size grobag is Adam in? The larger sizes have the zippers tucked away under a snap for that exact reason! Although Nate eventually figured that out too!)