- hiding and finding things and people
- opening and closing things
- holding hands under the coffee "chest"
- looking at things between his knees with his head upside down, being upside down in general
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb
- keys ("ghieeess")
- Shreddies and cheese ("zheeess"), which he asks for by name pretty much every meal
- teeth ("dzees") and tongues ("dhuuuh")
- Mega Blocks
- zippers
- vehicle noises (we have a little book of them)
- clapping
- going for the mail
- following birds around the playground
- slides
- spinning on the recliner
- magnets
- other children and babies
- flushing the toilet
- The Hokey Pokey
Recent (last twoish months) dislikes and waning interests:
- Dr. Lindzon, evil needle man
- door springs
- hats (sun hats are even more annoying than toques as they obstruct the view)
- egg yolk
- rattles
- spoon feeding
- bananas
Adam is really understanding a lot, like instructions to "sit" and how to use the phone - you press the buttons and then put it up against the head of someone who knows how to talk. He'll also choose books or particular pages for reading (usually "your giggles... and cries!" from I Love You Through and Through or the nursery rhyme Old King Cole). Today, he suddenly got up from my lap, walked across the room to retrieve a sock I had left on the floor, returned, and set it atop my foot.
Plus, another clean bill of health, growth, and development today.
| age | WEIGHT | HEIGHT | |||
| mos | lb,oz | %ile | in | %ile | |
| 0 | 7,1 | 25 | 20.5 | 75 | |
| 1 | 9,11 | 50 | |||
| 2 | 13,4 | 84 | 24 | 85 | |
| 3 | |||||
| 4 | 17,12 | 93 | 27 | 95+ | |
| 5 | |||||
| 6 | 20,4 | 90 | 28.7 | 95+* | |
| 7 | |||||
| 8 | |||||
| 9 | 22,12 | 82 | 30 | 94 | |
| 10 | |||||
| 11 | |||||
| 12 | 23,12 | 65 | 31.5 | 92 | |
Percentiles from http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babygrowthchart.asp. I guess he's getting slimmer. As evidenced ...
This is the first time I've really lost my head when shopping for Adam. All last week I had this nagging feeling that Adam had to have new clothes for his birthday. And newly purchased, too. It's not like I didn't stock up on stacks of clothes for him to grow into in the after Christmas clearance sales (Sears! really cheap!). So Thursday night, I went to Winners for a new outfit. And not just any outfit, the most expensive one they had. I tell myself he might get two or more years out of it. I had to safety pin the shorts to keep them on. When I ran into Kevin and Su on the way home, Kevin declared that the outfit is more a present for Dion than from Adam. probably true.
Here he is in his real birthday suit, Gina. Whaddya think? Was this worth $40? Yes, those are matching Nike socks.
Keep scrolling if you haven't checked in in a while. There's been a flurry of posts.

No comments:
Post a Comment