Saturday, April 24, 2010

Christmas Clothes

Christmas morning in their sleepers. Naomi does have a sleeper to match Adam's, and she wears in our Christmas card but she hadn't actually grown into it by Christmas. I bought it in the after-Christmas sales last Christmas, while I was still pregnant with her and had to guess at the size. Luckily, I also bought this snowman one in case she didn't turn out to be quite the giant that Adam became. Adam wore this sleeper on chilly mornings all through the winter. And yes, I have bought their matching pajamas for next year already but struck out on party clothes that I liked.

Naomi's party outfit. I also bought this one for her while I was pregnant. Except that I was really thought I was buying for a him. Luckily rolling the cuffs showed the cute lining because it was a size too big but it was also a bit boyish on second glance. So, I changed a bunch of the buttons for shiny pearly ones that I found in the Fletcher button collection and some sparkly snowflake buttons that I bought at Michael's in Ottawa. I wonder if the black velvet would have seemed a bit girly had we had the boy we were expecting.

We got a lot of use out of this outfit (at least four occasions that I recall) and Naomi even managed to keep it very clean despite having worn it while barfing all over the dias at the Christmas Eve service in Ottawa. Sorry about your pants and shoes, Uncle Ian MacAllister, and any other casualties.

Beautiful Christmas Sweater No. 1


a hand-me-down from Adam



Beautiful Christmas Sweater No. 2 and The Outrageous Christmas Socks

No comments: