Sunday, April 11, 2010

New in Naomi


Naomi is growing up soooo fast!
  • About a month ago, at Kern's wedding, she'd just gotten her first two teeth through and she started trying to wave.
  • A couple of weeks ago, she started to finally show some interest in solids. Until then, pretty much all she'd want is Cheerios, which feature prominently in two photos here. She enjoys a lot more things now but only when self-fed. No mush for Naomi, TYVM. The only spoon-feeding she'll accept is yoghurt.
  • Over Easter, her vocabulary expanded vastly. Y'know, maybe doubled it by adding Ba, Da, and Ga to Mmmm/Mum, Wa, and La. I think she says Na and Ra, too.
  • She's been standing independently, cruising, and walking with a parental finger for balance for months but yesterday she started to do the independent walking she's been considering for a while now. She will shuffle her feet under her to move forward. Just in time for playground season. Anything Adam is doing, she wants in. This one just can't be held still. I say only half-jokingly that she is the squirmiest baby in the world.
I also half-jokingly say that I'd give up any of these milestones for sleeping through the night. Good grief, three hours is still a good stretch for her. I haven't slept for 4 or 5 straight hours since around my 2nd trimester, uhm a year ago. It does not help that she does not want the bottle, except to chew. I will also say half-jokingly: Pray for me!

Anyway, she's a happy, healthy baby who measured in at 17lb 8oz and 28.5" at her 9-month check-up a couple of weeks ago.








ageWEIGHT
HEIGHT
moslb,oz%ile
in%ile*
07,134
20.072
19,1247


212,1077
22.534
4**15,068
24.545
616,852
2782
917,1427
28.574

* Using CDC data. I don't get it, though because my paed keeps telling me that she's over 90th for length. Whatever.

Some random pics (as always there are too many to choose from):



above all at 8 months and below at 9 months



No comments: