Monday, September 12, 2011

Photos from John's Christening

I wasn't terribly impressed with how my photos turned out. And some that I wanted (John with my brother and with my Aunt Jean) didn't even occur. Ah well, I did get a bunch that were useable, though I had to work on the lighting for a number of them and even then ... 'nuff said. I'll try harder at Christmas.


Honorable Mention for family portrait. Naomi is doing her turtle pose like she does when she's terrified. There must be some strange man nearby. Adam has removed the tie, the tie of which he had been so proud because he had picked out a new one that was just like Daddy's. His shirt is also untucked. Will it be gym attire once he's a teenager?


Everybody else in this shot just looked silly. So I cropped them out. So there! John is pointing out the jewellery that Auntie Joan was kind enough to lend me. I forgot to bring any other than my wedding band. I like to wear jewellery of sentimental value for special occasions, so my Aunt's jewellery, including earrings that were my grandmother's fit the bill nicely.


One of the best shots on the "roll." nicely done, Ian Hobbs.


John slept through the entire ceremony. despite the heat. despite the water. y'know the water.


My family is so cute!


Another Uncle Ian!

The second of two Honorable Mentions for family portrait. Dion's smirking and ill-positioned. Naomi's not smiling. John's not either (and he had just learned that week!) though we'd excuse him for sleeping. And there's camera jitter. Sadly two honorable mentions is all we'd get. No first prize is awarded.


attempt at large group portraiture. not bad.


2 paternal grandparents? check! 3 grandchildren? - d'oh!


My dad is smiling because that crying baby? - - - not his problem! The joy of being a grandparent. Sometimes I think it's a shame one can't usually skip over parenthood, straight to grandparenthood. But then, I guess that robs you of the joy of seeing your children get their comeuppance.


John is just a model for the gown. I've started composing a post in my mind just for the gown. For when I get around to it. uh oh.


Great Auntie Joan got lots of quality time with John over the extended long weekend.


twofer: Colin and John

No comments: