Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Kitchen Appliances

On a tip from one of Dion's singing friends, I went to Leon's today for a great sale and bought all new appliances for the kitchen. Hurray! The refrigerator and dishwasher should arrive Saturday. The range was not in stock, so we'll get it in a couple of weeks. On one hand, the old appliances needed to go - the fridge especially was on its last legs. But on the other, we will probably need to move in a few years, so we didn't want to invest too much. Just enough to make the kitchen work for a few years and show better when we do want to sell. a little under $2500 "on-the-road" for everything.

The dishwasher (http://www.leons.ca/clean-up/whirlpool/built-in/wdt910ssym-dishwasher/1521430.aspx) is very similar to this one but it's a previous year's model that has been discontinued. Stainless steel inside - a bit of a splurge.




I have to call about the fridge (http://www.leons.ca/refrigerators-and-freezers/frigidaire/refrigerators/fght1844kr-refrigerator-18-cu-ft/1450771.aspx) because I think the final order has the LHS handle but we need RHS. Only the door is stainless. The rest of the case is black, which I don't love, but you have to buy top-end stuff to get stainless all the way around. Ah well, I guess it matches the stove top.



The electric range (http://www.leons.ca/cooking-products-housewares/frigidaire/electric/cgef3034mf-range/1521206.aspx) was on a great sale, too.

No comments: