Saturday, March 21, 2020

Saturday, March, 21. Guest blogger Naomi. (again).

Today, when we went on our walk, mom decided she wanted to show us part of the UofT campus. What we saw were
  • The weird tower things
  • Some big canons
  • The sundial 
  • The meridian
Unfortunately, we don't have any photos of the canons or the sundial. When we got back we played a game of German bridge after Adam did his practice quiz and we ate dinner.
Editted by mom to add that we do have a photo of the cannon and the sundial and also pics of the kids learning some more card skills, notably shuffling. 



Adam, working on his practice math kangaroo
test.

Me and john finally finding out what those weird
 tower things do. (The tips point to the  CNTower)

Me, walking the meridian.

Our game of German bridge.  As a puzzle try and figure out
who sat where and who won.


Just a random telephone both.

Almost all of us looking at the weird tower
things. 
These are the weird tower things.



4 comments:

Gandalf said...

Okay, I take a guess on the german bridge game: I do not know who sat where, but the winner of the trick is the dealer. Hearts are trump, The ace of Diamonds was lead, it got trumped by the 5 of hearts, and over trumped by queen of hearts.

QYV said...

It's been decades since I played German Bridge. I'm guessing that Naomi was the Queen of Hearts (score 121), and if the scoring was clockwise then Adam dealt with the Ace of diamonds (Score 81), Karen was the two of spades (score 123), Dion with the 5 of hearts (Score 140), and John with the 8 of clubs (score 119).

QYV said...

I should clarify something. I'm making the assumption that the score card was based on seat position. Also, I'm guessing that the person with the 5 of hearts was bidding conservatively. Dion seems to fit the bill, so the order makes sense to me.

Karen Lew said...

Jenning: correct on all counts.