Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I got a bit behind there.

Let's see.

Last weekend was the long weekend. On Friday evening, we hung out at Rebecca and Rob's. Nice and relaxing. Then Saturday, we looked a couple of apartments, including one possibility at Yonge and Eg with indoor access to the subway station. Then good times at the barbeque and Dion's parents'. Someone brought a PS2 with the karaoke game. I think we need one. Rest Sunday. Start of the ultimate season Monday. We played very badly.

We had TDSB North Region Finals at our School on Wednesday. We almost got ourselves knocked out by Earl Haig in the Semis but pulled off a win. It came down to last point wins. Then, we just couldn't get the W against York Mills in the finals. Second Place meant that we needed to play the second place finishers from the other two regions for the fourth semi-final spot at TDSB championships.

Thursday, we went to see an apartment at Yonge and Bloor/Wellesley. Pretty small but the price was right. It was in pretty bad need of a facelift. That night, we also decided that neither one of us was willing to drive to Ottawa for the wedding. So we decided to take the bus. But we couldn't leave early enough to arrive before the middle of the night.

In my afternoon class, I blew a resistor. It started to smoke. I have to remember to do that every time I do Ohm's Law. It amuses the small minds. It'll make the lesson memorable.

Friday we left around 12:30 am from the bus station. Unfortunately, they had enough passengers to send two busses, one of which (ours) went to Ottawa express. We arrived at 4:30 in the morning. We couldn't bear to call my brother to come pick us up. I slept for a bit and we got breakfast when the Van Houtte's opened. Ian came and got us, we got changed, and went out for breakfast with Dad.

The ceremony was early and the bride, Sophie, and groom, my cousin, John, looked smashing. But being in the cathedral had me thinking about my Aunt Norma a lot. Most of Sophie's family couldn't make it to the wedding; it was a small affair. A big contrast from Norma's wedding when it was standing room only for the crowd of over a thousand.

We (Dion, Ian, Dad and I) visited briefly with Doug and Mel in the afternoon before heading to the reception.

What a lovely reception it was! It was hosted at Francis's mother's home in her backyard, I mean 5-acre park. Really beautiful. It only rained while we were under the tent eating. There was a dragon dance before dessert - very cool. Dessert was a yummy and beautiful cake made by my cousin Margaret and a chocolate fountain that would only work with large amounts of chocolate. Things wrapped up on the early side but I really think it was one of the nicest weddings I've attended.

Yesterday, A.Y. got knocked out of the TDSB playoffs, effectively finishing 5th - just out of the semi-finals. We played well against Bethune but Humberside was just too skilled for us. We'll do really well next year. Only 3 of our players are in Gr 12 now. Then Litter played well but lost. I got home way too late for a school night. I want to see everyone but I don't know if I should be going out after games on school nights. Fortunately, there aren't many more Monday nights this school year.

We're applying for an apartment we saw today. It's _between_ Wellesley Stn and Yonge St. Rather small but nice and they've come down from $1300/mo, which they had posted on MLS a couple of weeks ago to $1200/mo. Can hardly be beat for location.

All I can think of for now. But it has been two weeks.

No comments: