Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mandarin Lesson 1

Woah! That was really fast.

We covered
- a few statements (most about belonging to national groups)
- forming questions in two different ways
- negative statements
- a vocabulary word for each "letter" or group of "letters" that appear in Pinyin

I understand better now why Mandarin sounds like "sure, sure, sure, sure". I think it has a lot to do with the verb to be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ni bú shì Karen Xiaojie. Ni shì Lu tàitai ma?

KÁIFU

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous already.

Karen Lew said...

Wo shi Lu taitai.

I don't know how to do the tonal marks, sorry.

Jenning? Ni bu shi Meiguo ren. Ni shi Jianada ren ma?

Kevin,
I posted the topics just for you. You can use them on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Susanna. Don't get mad, get even.

Anonymous said...

Wŏ shì hao Jiānádà rén.

KĀFU

Karen Lew said...

I have since learned that our family name is Liáo is Mandarin

Anonymous said...

Err.. did the class change classrooms?

KĀFU