Dion, Adam, and I were in Denver last week for the Barbershop Harmony Society International Convention. Dion's chorus, the Toronto Northern Lights, finished fourth. Dion claims he is pleased in small part because he has already earned one fifth, one third, and five second place metals. First wasn't in the works. Westminster is just that good. The Northern Lights, and by extension we, will not be attending the convention next year because the chorus is doing a trip to the UK in May.
Adam did extremely well travelling. amazingly well really. almost never cried - not even on the plane. pooped through many diapers though. I think we should go up to size three diapers, since he's getting to the top of the size two range. Since we were taking so much more stuff than usual (gee, I wonder why?), I left the camera at home. If anyone has digital images of us, please email or post them. It would be much appreciated.
On the Saturday night before we left, we discovered moths in our apartment. And so, we spent the entire day on Sunday and Monday cleaning the affected areas, shampooing rugs, and doing laundry, laundry, and more laundry. We washed almost every piece of fabric in the apartment. To cut down on the laundry, we threw out a bunch of clothes and bedding. I think it was 5 green garbage bags full. We've always had too many clothes. It made puting the laundry away difficult. In fact, laundry hardly ever got put away. It used to sit in piles and in baskets that we'd shuffle through over and over again. We didn't just restrict ourselves to keeping clothes that we have worn recently but to clothes that we enjoy wearing. It was very liberating and I expect that it will make laundry a less daunting task.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
congrats on the laundry purge! i'm contemplating similarly cleaning out my closet. but, luckily, i'm pretty sure i don't have nearly the number of t-shirts you had/have.
It wasn't just the T-shirts. Lots of sweaters, socks with barish patches, ill-fitting blouses (sleeves never long enough), and stuff that was just old and haggard.
Do it! You'll love it.
Post a Comment