Sunday, September 09, 2007

ding! gratz!

First, Adam learned to put his hand in his mouth. then put a toy in his mouth. then put his hand in my mouth. then today to put a toy in my mouth.

Also, Adam's hair is now coming in a little coarser. It's also coming in faster than it is falling out. Boy, do I wish I could say the same thing about my hair? Yesterday, Adam and I were people watching at our favourite spot when three nice men accosted us. They just wanted to ooh and aah over the baby. They even took pictures with him. The biggest ooher and aaher, Anthony, also happened to be a hair dresser. He complimented Adam's hair and mine indirectly - "It's coming in lovely and thick, just like yours." Whatever. He hasn't met the king of thick hair, Dion. And while my hair is technically speaking thick (as opposed to thin), it is also very fine (as opposed to coarse). Anthony also told me to massage my scalp, that my current practice of using oodles of conditioner is ill-advised, and that there are good but expensive products for post-partum shedding at Shopper's Drugmart. He also offered Adam free haircuts for life. He wants to open a salon in The Village but, in the mean time, unfortunately, he works in Burlington.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not oodles of conditioner??

Karen Lew said...

Gina, I think he was suggesting that it leaves too much residue, which weighs down (pulls out) the hair and/or makes it hard for the scalp to breathe and/or softens the scalp which lets the roots slide out. I wasn't too clear on it myself but I definitely need to prevent tangles so that combing doesn't pull it all out.