| age | WEIGHT | HEIGHT | |||
| mos | lb,oz | %ile | in | %ile | |
| 0 | 7,1 | 25 | 20.5 | 75 | |
| 1 | 9,11 | 50 | |||
| 2 | 13,4 | 84 | 24 | 85 | |
| 3 | |||||
| 4 | 17,12 | 93 | 27 | 95+ | |
| 5 | |||||
| 6 | 20,4 | 90 | 28.7 | 95+* | |
| 7 | |||||
| 8 | |||||
| 9 | 22,12 | 82 | 30 | 94 | |
Percentiles from http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babygrowthchart.asp. Although our paed has never been more specific than "Adam remains taller and heavier than 90 percent of his peers" - even for his most recent weight. And I'm sooo happy with our paediatrician, Dr. Aaron Lindzon. That man runs a tight ship. I am almost always on my way out of his office as I am scheduled to enter it. But I never feel rushed and get all of my questions answered.
The only bad news at the appointment is that Adam has excema. I had it when I was a young child, until about grade one or two. Hopefully he'll outgrow it, too. We've switched back to baby detergent for his things. He also has a fragrance-free body wash and moisturiser, which we're supposed to use after every bath, which he is supposed to have EVERY DAY. I was quite surprised at this advice and disappointed with the increase in bedtime production. I've also bought a pack of 7th Generation diapers because they are chlorine and fragrance free. I really ought to have been buying them all along out of environmental conscientiousness but I've been too cheap (Pampers BabyDry approx 26 cents each at Shoppers, 7th Gen approx 54 cents each. ouch but still not going cloth. fuggetaboutit.) Hopefully all these steps will clear up the excema and we won't need to apply hydrocortisone cream often, if ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment