Friday, April 16, 2010

Pre-Birthday Party






With the requested Apple Cinnamon cupcakes. Why Apple Cinnamon? Who knows? We've never had Apple Cinnamon Cake before. Here's the recipe. (Thanks for the tip, Beck!) It's more of a coffee cake than a birthday cake but it got eaten and I think the adults appreciated it more than the kids. This was the inaugural use of my stand-mixer, which was a wedding present. I made the cream cheese frosting from the Joy of Cooking but it was late and I read tsp as tbsp and we had Very Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. We had enough to spell out 'Happy Birthday Adam" with a letter per cake (while Adam was still asleep) then Adam got to decorate half a dozen more in the morning. For future reference: The mini-cupcakes baked nicely in about 23 min but any more would not have been good. The remaining batter was cooked into a loaf, which cooked nicely in about 30 min, I think.

Adam was a tidge nervous but enjoyed himself but needed about 6 tries to blow out the candles. Good practice for the big day on Sunday. He was even happy to wear the birthday hat. Good sport. Now, if we could just talk about that haircut.

Thanks for taking and forwarding photos, Janet!

1 comment:

writerjaclyn said...

Three years already! Hard to believe!