I went in to school on Monday but didn't accomplish a whole lot. They're not really ready for us yet. I think that there will be another hire at the school; so, our timetables, class lists, and room assignments could still change. But I did catch up with Peter and got started thinking about the upcoming sport seasons. I also moved my desk to the far end of the Physics office, which means the desks are staggered and we won't always be backing into each other or needing to squeeze through.
After school I got a bite at Fairview and picked up a thank you card for Kevin's parents. I did want to let them know how much I appreciated the work they put in to host the wedding and I gave them copies of the photo CDs. I got to drop it off at their house before the Litter game at Parkway Forest. Ann and I spent more time talking shop than warming up before the game. I thought the game was pretty good. Horizontally Hip is a nice team and we lost 12-9 but that's okay.
I didn't do much during the day on Tuesday but I took care of a few phone-errands, including signing up for curling, and tidied up the apartment. Gina and I went out for dinner, which was great. We haven't seen each other in real life for a couple of years so we had a fair bit of catching up to do. Hopefully, we'll do the same thing next week.
Oh! and congratulations to my cousin, Jennifer, who is recently engaged to Gordon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You hadn't seen Gina in that long?
It's funny; I guess because I'm far away it feels like everybody I know in Toronto is so close together that they must naturally (if not inevitably) see each other every day. Funny.
Gina comes downtown so rarely that she said that she felt like she was on vacation while walking down Yonge street.
Ha Ha. I was like that before University. Downtown (or, as it was known then, "Toronto") was like another world to me. It was an excursion.
Wouldn't want to go back to a mostly-suburban life now though. Well, I do it here, but not in T.O.
Post a Comment