Thursday, I went to lunch with Leigh, Dan, Derek, Rob, and Becky. Then I headed over to Spadina and College to pick up CDRs for the wedding photos. I happened to run into Jaclyn, who took me up to office to show me around and she gave me the most recent copy of Abilities. I am quite impressed by the amount and quality of work involved.
I had to make two CDs of photos for each major stakeholder. The 300+ highest quality images completely filled one CD. I put unretouched images and email-sized images on a second CD.
I think we played Scrabble. I won a very close one. There were three bingoes. We haven't had such a good battle for a while.
Friday, Dion and I had lunch with Janelle, which was good fun. Before we knew it, it had been a two-hour lunch.
We played Scrabble again Saturday afternoon. Only one bingo this time. Dion took this one handily but I brought it back to respectability near the end with AVAIL through a triple and turning BLAZE into ABLAZE. I still didn't have much of a chance but the result was much closer.
Saturday, Dion was raiding and working on a google coding challenge and decided that his keyboard just wasn't working well enough (CNTL was giving very strange outcomes) so we skipped down to Future Shop just before closing. We ran into Steve Ho there. We spent a couple of hours catching up and showing each other our new apartments. He owns at the Polo 1.
When we came home, I started playing GAMES, in the magazine, and Dion was WOWing. Then in the wee hours of the morning I happened to look out the window and noticed that there was a bunch of smoke and a few emergency vehicles over at Bay and Wellesley. Fifteen minutes later, there were more emergency vehicles than I could count (I count very badly :) ) and the power went out. It didn't come back on until about noon.
So this morning when the power was out we decided to go over to Plaza Flamingo for brunch and then we stopped by at Manning to see if there was any mail for us or other former roommates. We also go to see Melissa, who weighs about as much as a box of Kleenex. I exaggerate but she really is small. We were informed though that she has been adopted out. I hope she'll get her pills as a result.
Billy Joel has occupied our CD player all weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment