Saturday, August 06, 2005

midsummer

Yikes, summer is past half over now. Although a couple of days ago I was starting to get the feeling that I'm ready to go back. If I had to go back next week, I think it would be okay by me.

I have a project that I'm supposed to be working on for the board but I just can't get into it. I'm constantly procrastinating. It's amazing how much of nothing I can do. memories of grad skule.

Dion is going to be quarteting again. There was talk of his singing tenor with Kevin on lead, Jordan Travis on baritone, and Dave McEachern on bass but it sounds like they switched Jordan and Dion back to their "natural" positions. Dion's having fun with it.

The apartment is pretty much put together now. The computer is out of the kitchen and I've purchased a dozen or so storage pieces. spice storage. shoe storage. bathroom product storage. baskets, baskets, and more baskets. Once I get a couple of big things down to the garbage, it'll be fine. Everything else can wait indefinitely. Some more lighting maybe and a microwave would be nice but whatever.

My friend, Andreas, was in town for a couple of days this week. We had a very nice time catching up but it made me miss the crowd I met in Switzerland. A great bunch of people, really.

Dion's off at Kevin's stag right now and we're having a brunch for Susanna tomorrow. I hope it's a nice day so that we can go out to the island. I should remember to take my camera with me.

Oh. And today is our fifth anniversary. Hard to believe, isn't it? Five years ago, I had just started my masters, Dion hadn't quite finished. Kern and Kristin still lived here. None of our friends had kids. We hadn't even met Mark yet. Becky and Rob hadn't started dating. But Kevin and Su had been together for four years. Plus ca change....

2 comments:

Kern said...

[To the tune of "William Tell"]

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, HA~PPY Anniversary!

(Wait a sec... did you say FIFTH?!? You MUST be counting that wrong... holy crap!)


How long have Dave and Jordan been (quartetting) together now? Five or six years, maybe? When are THEY gonna get married? :)

Incidentally, it looks like you were right, some Blogger Blogs don't allow you to post comments without creating an account; yours is one of them. Any idea why?

Karen Lew said...

No idea, Kern.