I also need to retract my statement about holding up his head when awake. Only when he's WIDE awake. His drowsiness was part of the problem with the photo. It was pretty hard to keep him upright. I had to stick my hand inside his sleeper to prop him up. He was still so happily drunken and floppy that the photographer and I were in stitches watching his antics.Adam has been pretty clingy this week. He has figured out the concept of "alone" and sometimes he's just not in the mood for it. Part of his trouble is that he now has a third state of consciousness: "awake-not eating". Before this week, his only two states were asleep and awake-eating. This third state is a little frightening, he thinks. He, therefore, seeks frequently to enter the state of awake-eating. Three times in 7 days, this has led to substantial vomitting, which of course leads to more of the awake-eating state. Adam might consider this a virtuous circle. I, of course, consider it to be a vicious circle. The cure is walking. Not ambling around the apartment, but at a pace that could induce sweating in conditions above room temperature.
On the very positive side, Adam seems to clearly understand the difference between day and night. At night, he only eats or sleeps, which allows us to sleep quite well.

3 comments:
Did you really mean 'viscous'? That's, um, well, an interesting perspective from a nursing mother to share with the world. I might have used vicious, but, hey, what do I know about "Having relatively high resistance to flow." (http://www.answers.com/viscous).
Nice seeing you at lunch today,
Steven.
d'oh. I thought I'd have time to correct that before anyone noticed.
oh, he's still ADORABLE Karen!!! gotta love trying to get their passport photos! took us 15 shots to get Nate's!! =)
Post a Comment