Monday, June 18, 2007

this weekend

This was a beautiful weekend to be outside playing ultimate. Maybe a tad warm. We were also able to enjoy the weekend with Dion's parents (Happy Father's Day, Gandalf!), who were able to enjoy some time with Adam in the shade while we sweated it out on the field. Adam was finally awake for some quality time with Poh-poh. She's been waiting eagerly for that, I think. He cooed for her and I'm sure he showered her with smiles, too.

Play Anything had lots of fun. Here are some shots taken by Amanda Osmond (or at the least with her camera). She posted more at http://picasaweb.google.com/amanda.osmond

Dion's pretending to be short or tired.


Unfortunately, I end up marking much more often than I would like. At least the practice has made me pretty effective at it. I'm also pretty good at calling a switch. :)


I'm looking long. I doubt I did it though.


#1 Fan


Who's the goof in long pants and a floppy hat?


I get a lot of questions about the pants. I feel cooler in them, thermally cooler, that is. They are really lightweight, they keep the sun off, wick sweat away, and dry in a flash. Furthermore, my legs are pasty white. It's not vanity to cover them but laziness and parsimony. Who wants to spend all that time and money for sunblock? And I don't care how stupid that hat looks. It stays on really well and does everything for me that the pants do. This is the first full-sun weekend in my life that didn't end in a sunburn on the face and/or neck. I've played in visors before but they just don't do as good a job.

4 comments:

kristin said...

i definitely understand the pants. it's similar reason to why i always sleep with at least a sheet in the hottest weahter, the sweat is wicked away.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristen and Dion,

Congratulations on the birth of your son-Adam.Take care and love bless!

Karen Lew said...

Wow, I was astonished by the previous comment, which is anonymous no less. But then I noticed the "love bless."

Hi Kurt!

Kern said...

I'm shamed to admit that you realized that comment was from my brother before I did. :)

I was still at the "'love bless', that rings a bell..." stage.

Kurt:
It's actually Karen and Dion's baby. If Kristen and Dion have a baby, there's gonna be some 'splainin' to do...