Yesterday was the first time a stranger offered me a seat on the bus. Mind you, I was kinda working for it. I made sure to slouch and stick my belly out as far as it would go. When one side of the bus was not playing, I turned to the other side. It was going to be a long ride - Yonge to McCowan on Steeles.
We were heading to Grandma Lew's 80th birthday celebration. We were running late - a combination of the TNL show running late and my insisting that we absolutely had to stop for presents. Dion understood the need for some jewellery, which we usually get her at Christmas, but needed some convincing on the flowers. See the jewellery is nice but it goes in box. The flowers go on display; so, Grandma can tell all her neighbours that they were from her Grandson for her 80th when they inquire. She need not be so unhumble as to bring up the subject herself.
I'm just a bit concerned because there were a number of lilies, which might stink up her small apartment in a hurry. Ah well, it's the thought that counts and I think the presents had the desired effect. I think Dion's dad scored some points for arranging the celebration and even more for knowing to do it in the first place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I thought that would have been the perfect day for you guys to drive? Two trips to place far away from each other (although one is sort of on the way to the other), and likely a late night trip back downtown. I would have figured you would drive.
We thought that we had tons of time between the two events and we got a ride home. We were home by 9:30 but too content to leave the apartment for the Litter Limper.
Post a Comment